Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Great I Am.

Seriously, I used to indulge a lot - trying to survive the harsh 'political' climate in class - in the ruthless competition for accolades and praises; and all these to be attained with purely results worth looking up to. To be esteemed with my values based on nothing but results and achievements. Agonising as it is, i never seem to be able to reach the peak of my calibre.

It was only recently, when i started to devote my all to God, did i really experience the wonders He could do with my life.
He blessed me with study hours beyond what i could ever have imagined; and this is despite not doing any work on saturdays.
He helped me to fix my body clock.
He showed me that my weaknesses could be perfected in His strength.
He showed me that I should base my values on how He views me in lieu of how others view me.
He added so much into my life.

No longer do I aim for grades, but to please the Lord my God.

When i aimed for the grades, i never seemed to even get close to them.
Only after i have seeked His Kingdom and Righteousness did He add all things into my life.
Keeping to His commandments has opened the floodgates of blessings from heaven.
All things that i needed to do His good works, He provided abundantly; and grace abounded so deeply and copiously.

My pride will never be based on worldly things anymore. I am really convicted of it. I am really convinced of it.
I am who I am, for the Great I Am says I am.
Amen!

No comments: