love (LIKE SOMEONE)
verb [T]
to have strong feelings of affection for another adult and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to feel great affection for a friend or person in your family:
I love you.
Last night he told me he loved me.
I've only ever loved one man.
I'm sure he loves his kids.
love
noun
1 [U] strong feelings of attraction towards, and affection for, another adult, or great affection for a friend or family member:
"I've been seeing him over a year now." "Is it love?"
Children need to be shown lots of love.
"I'm seeing Laura next week." "Oh, please give her my love" (= tell her I am thinking about her with affection).
INFORMAL How's your love life (= your romantic and/or sexual relationships) these days?
2 [C] a person that you love and feel attracted to:
He was the love of my life.
She was my first love.
3 [as form of address] UK INFORMAL used as a friendly form of address:
You look tired, love.
That'll be four pounds exactly, love.
4 [U] (ALSO love from or all my love) INFORMAL used before your name at the end of letters, cards etc. to friends or family:
See you at Christmas. Love, Kate.
What is love?
It is heard that it is something that makes the one you love happy. Some say that it is a special bond shared between two people; whereby they unconditionally care and do things for each other and confide in each other.
There are also some jokers who think that physical intimacy such as holding hands, hugging and kissing is love. Some even say things such as "If you love me, you would do it". But i tell you the truth, what he or she is saying is "I don't care about your feelings or convictions, just satisfy my needs!"
It is also, unfortunately, heard that it love is just a feeling. An emotion that arises when you think of someone. Someone special.
But, listen to me. Love, is a choice.
What is love?
Love is patient
Love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment