Thursday, December 4, 2008

CTSS

I just read annabel's blog, and decided that i want to write a lil something about CTSS too :).

2004: Shucks, Clementi Town Secondary School? Like what the heck. My prelims are like 250+? Schools such as River Valley should be the schools that i should've considered. How did I even end up in Clementi TOWN secondary school? Tsk. Worst of all, Mervyn's the only classmate who's attending Clementi Town Secondary school.

2005:Wow. The apalling state of the school's toilet is one of the amazing things that put me off as I started my first day at school. I thought that peer support was a waste of time. I also wondered why i'd even registered for NPCC and even stayed on. ( But of course i didn't regret it one bit). I met many people whom some are now one of my closer peers. We spent our days skipping trainings to come my house to play; PS2, gamecubes and many alike. I slacked throughout the year and i remember that Zhen Ning and i got 20+ for our class positions. O.O heh. Term 3 in clementi town secondary school was the first time i ever sat down and revised something. Heh. Nonetheless, it was a little too late and the devastation of my mid year results deteriorated my overall results for the year of 2005.

2006: Certainly one of the more interesting years. 2D1 bonded immensely this year and Miss Seah deserves much credit for initiating the very first 2D1 chalet ( also my first :)) and my impression of 2D1 changed a lot. Of course the skipping of CCAs didn't stop. Heh. But we became a lil more serious with our very first Speech Day Performance in April. This time, i worked hard from the start in hope that it would guarantee my success.

2007: was a bummer. I got in 3D1 which initially i disliked many people. Two reasons. Firstly, they're not 2D1ners. Secondly, i just missed the 2D1 culture so much. The period from January to July was one of the worst in my life. My results deteriorated horribly and my position in NPCC is way below mediocre. On my own, i realised i couldn't do much to change anything. Thankfully, since august, a change in my life began to set course; a change that allowed me to reap much ( much much much) more than i ever wanted.

2008: Was the craziest and most fun-filled one. Though there are things that i regret doing, i believe that it turned out for the better. With the passing of just one incident, my life was put back into order! Broken relations were amended and i was truly humbled. All the teachers we had this year were the best ones. I will always remember the times we had during English, Physics, Chemistry and History lessons! And Miss Foo left us midway. Heh. Time ran out very quickly though. First it was 10 months, then a 100 days, then 1 month, then 10 days, then a week, then a day, then an hour... And as Mr Ong has mentioned many times before, with just a snap, O levels was over! Graduation ceremony and Prom Night! Heh.

CTSS has definitely left fond memories ingrained in me forever.
I can really see how i start to enjoy going for trainings every wednesday and friday as compared to how i dreaded the thought of it in sec 1.
Ironical, isn't it? I used to want so much to leave this school, yet now it's difficult to part. Heh.
Change is I-N-E-V-I-T-A-B-L-E.
But it's alright, atleast i have this 4 years to think about next time.

And i finally understood His plan to place me in CTSS and in 3D1. :)

No comments: